Hushed Willows There's a little gray area in there and that's where you operate.
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Banner could have hit herself for not realizing that territory brought awful memories back for her brother.  The very least she could do was not make a big deal after his lengthy pause - he'd done the same for her, after all.  Instead, her eyes softened a bit and she reached over to nudge his shoulder but said nothing on the matter.  Mhm, she agreed quietly.  In the grand scheme of things it didn't really matter what path they took to get there.  The dark-coated siblings could find shelter as needed and get an early start in the morning.  A few hours in in the course of a lifetime wouldn't make or break them.

Gesturing with a jerk of her head that they should get a move on, Banner chuckled.  I didn't know you were close enough to get details on her love life, she teased gently.  Hopefully they're all well.  If I recall correctly, Valette's optimism and drive were really something.  A smirk.  And turkey sounds lovely.

Now that the details had been more or less ironed out, Banner was eager to get on with it.  She sent a playful yip toward her taller brother and set off at a brisk trot.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
to mend all the broken hearts
of all my wrecked-up friends