Stone Circle I just want to talk to you for a minute, well, make that 30 seconds...
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
Any lightheartedness she may have experienced from the banter between her brother and friend was gone when Valette moved on to explain her past year in a brief few sentences.  Banner swallowed hard and turned her eyes down, a pained expression washing over her.  The strength she exuded despite losing Steady and being the sole leader of her pack was.. well, Banner had no idea how she did it.  And she supposed that time really did heal most wounds for others because just as quickly as it was all out in the open, they'd moved on.

She looked up again, slightly bewildered at how quickly everything was happening.  They'd come for a visit - with a gift! - chatted with an old friend, gone over her struggles this year, and now they were being offered something Banner truly didn't expect.   Bright green eyes snapped to meet Stark's blue.  As usual, she allowed him to take the lead but she wasn't prepared for him to turn and put the onus on her to make the final decision.

Even so.. it took her all of two seconds to blurt out, Yes!  Banner looked startled and her eyes went wide as she stared first at her brother and then turned to Valette.  Y.. yes.  If you'll have us, she responded, this time her voice low and even.  Normal.. ish.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
to mend all the broken hearts
of all my wrecked-up friends