Stone Circle last time we saw you, you were trying to kill everyone
no love left to rye
376 Posts
Ooc — Mana
She noticed through rapidly blinking eyes that Ezekiel's demeanor changed - slowly at first, but then there was a definite shift and suddenly he was completely at ease.  Banner's gaze flicked down to Clary when she noticed the girl's slight weight rested against her dark brown forelimbs.  Oh.  Her heartbeat began to calm then, soothed by the gentle presence of Valette's child, but the harsh look did not melt from her face.  This male - the father of the child who had clearly taken her side in this spat - assumed he could soothe things over with an easy "my bad"?

No.  It wasn't that simple.

Banner released a breath and was thankful that it came out as a weary sigh rather than something more harsh.  Didn't want to scare Clary, after all.  She reached down to nudge the girl in the most gentle way she could muster and then drew herself back up to her full height, all the while her bright green eyes not leaving Ezekiel.  Clearly, she responded flatly.  Why else would she be so relaxed within Easthollow's borders, smelling of the pack to boot?  If you'll excuse me, Clary, she began, her voice taking on a softer tone as she addressed the child.  .. but I have work to do.

With that, the short-legged lady gave the male a stiff nod and eased herself away from Clary so as to not topple the her.  After another long look she turned to continue patrolling the borders, leaving father and daughter to sort things without further interruption.
and i'm a loser in love
so baby raise a glass
to mend all the broken hearts
of all my wrecked-up friends
Messages In This Thread
RE: last time we saw you, you were trying to kill everyone - by Banner - December 20, 2017, 08:12 PM