Sleepy Fox Hollow walk down the road and I'm alone again
457 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Warrior
Sif's tail wagged eagerly during Rheia's inspection, only to taper off when she came back out. "I will mek bigger," she excused, feeling a bit embarrassed by her efforts to make the den livable, thus far. The dirt was hard and rocky, and Sif had never liked digging all that much. Chewing was a far better way to work out her nervous energy, and a sore mouth never bothered her near as much as cut-up paws and nails worn to the quick.

And then Rheia did something strange - Sif stiffened at the gesture, sure she was about to be attacked. Why else would someone be posturing at her this way?! But she trusted Rheia, and didn't think the other girl would really hurt her. "P-play?" she asked, unable to help the way her tail puffed up, or how the fur along the back of her neck stood up in an uncomfortable ridge. She knew that word - how could she not? - but did not understand how it related to Rheia's strange gestures.

Play was something Sif had learned to do by herself. Fen had never been one for games, but had encouraged her to do as she pleased when she wasn't hunting for him or listening to his stories. And he'd called that 'play' - when she would toss acorns or chew on sticks. Play was the use of energy on things not related to survival.

And Sif didn't know how to do it with someone else.
Messages In This Thread
walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - November 30, 2017, 10:45 PM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 01, 2017, 12:37 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 01, 2017, 02:49 PM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 01, 2017, 10:32 PM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 01:43 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 02:20 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 02:51 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 03:18 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 02, 2017, 03:47 AM
RE: walk down the road and I'm alone again - by Moor - December 04, 2017, 02:46 PM