Bearclaw Valley my carnivore heart comes out after dark
hell is empty and
all the devils are here
133 Posts
Ooc — Mochi
All Welcome 

For the second time in his life Wardruna turns from something he wants — that he hadn’t realized how fiercely he wanted until it begun to form into an idea. It leaves a bitter taste of defeat in his mouth but ultimately it is sensible. Sleepy Fox Hollow could sustain them through the winter, likely, but without enough wolves to sate his ideal group size it raises too many concerns. Wardruna’s hunting is still a forty-sixty success rate with the slim forty percent chance of success. It has become easier …easier to live around the permanent hyphema that has left him blinded in his left eye. Yet. Yet, it remains a challenge and he would not rely solely upon Sif, Poet and Noma with meager contributions from him. It makes the most sense to him to find a pack to settle with through the winter and maybe try to strike out come spring. At least this time it is his choice. At least this time he is not alone.

His steps slow as they approach the impregnable valley and the sole path that leads into it. Bordered with huge boulders, rocks and conifers that reach like greedy, spindly fingers towards the heavens. The scent of wolves clings to the ground, and Wardruna’s black, leathery nostrils flare as he drinks in the unknown scents. It is closer to Easthollow than he would have liked, admittedly, but it is not terribly far from the Hollow. It had it’s pro et contra but with the devouring chill of winter upon them Wardruna feels certain that this is the right choice even if it tastes acrid and bitter; but Wardruna is no stranger to surviving and knows in the end it will always be stronger than his pride.

“It is not too far from the Hollow,” Wardruna begins as he turns to face the three of them, his back to the yawning mouth of the valley. “and it looks well protected.” Of course, he does not know for sure what lays within the rocky walls of the valley but well fortified is a good sign, in his experience. "We can see if they will take us," He suggests, inviting them to voice their opinions on whether the four of them should proceed or keep going and risk the journey to find somewhere more established with the room to take them.
your hands are wet
with blood of an empire.
you lick it off.
Messages In This Thread
my carnivore heart comes out after dark - by Wardruna - December 12, 2017, 06:17 PM
RE: my carnivore heart comes out after dark - by Addie - December 14, 2017, 09:42 PM
RE: my carnivore heart comes out after dark - by Moor - December 15, 2017, 12:58 AM
RE: my carnivore heart comes out after dark - by Hamartia - December 16, 2017, 12:05 PM
RE: my carnivore heart comes out after dark - by Xan - December 19, 2017, 02:19 AM
RE: my carnivore heart comes out after dark - by Wardruna - December 19, 2017, 04:28 AM
RE: my carnivore heart comes out after dark - by Addie - December 24, 2017, 06:44 PM
RE: my carnivore heart comes out after dark - by Moor - December 25, 2017, 04:16 PM
RE: my carnivore heart comes out after dark - by Hamartia - December 30, 2017, 11:24 PM
RE: my carnivore heart comes out after dark - by Xan - January 01, 2018, 05:07 AM
RE: my carnivore heart comes out after dark - by Wardruna - January 09, 2018, 04:24 AM
RE: my carnivore heart comes out after dark - by Moor - January 10, 2018, 11:39 PM
RE: my carnivore heart comes out after dark - by Hamartia - January 11, 2018, 12:30 PM
RE: my carnivore heart comes out after dark - by Xan - January 15, 2018, 01:36 PM