Stone Circle this strange weather pattern inside me takes hold.
if your wings are broken, borrow mine so yours can open too
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Shall we wrap this up in your next post? <3

Unable to see her mother's face, and unable to gauge her reaction, Clary waited for Valette to dole out whatever punishment seemed just. She couldn't really imagine what that might be, because she wasn't sure if she'd ever made her mother angry before. But this seemed like something worth getting upset about - Clary had known this when she'd cajoled her sister into the excursion to begin with. The girl wasn't really ready for the consequences, but she braced herself.

What she found was her mother's gentleness, and Clary finally dared a glance. Her mother's face betrayed no deceit, only tenderness. The girl frowned, confused, but she pitched her ears and listened all the more closely.

The beginning of a smile curled over the grey child, and her tail picked up the characteristic sway across the snow. She was getting bigger, wasn't she? Her measurement tree told her that every week, but to have her mother say so herself swelled a new pride in her heart. She could understand the way from North to South, and now from East to West. She understood more of the world than she had four months ago - yet still had much more to learn. Her honesty had given her freedom, and as long as she told her mother where and when she was going, she would be allowed. Clary's smile brightened and she reached up to gently lick her mother's chin. "Of course I promise." It would be an easy one to keep.
Messages In This Thread
RE: this strange weather pattern inside me takes hold. - by Clary - January 13, 2018, 12:10 PM