Horizon Ridge We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
We can continue on with a couple more posts for this one, or this can be the last post for me and then you can post once more and we can have another one or something? lol. Also, you're more than welcome to assume that Ragnar is telling her stuff about his culture, religion and language (I have a website I found that's really helpful that I'll put in my signature soon but there are no actual translators since no one speaks it anymore, lol) behind the scenes too (because there is so much stuff, omg)! :-)

“If you would like,” Ragnar agreed, covertly approving of her ambition and the lengths of which she was willing to go to aid in his (and Thistle’s) teaching of their children. He would not keep her from learning anything that she wanted to learn. “In my culture the month between their birth and their first month of age they are not recognized as a part of the pack, or the family and they have no rights,” There was a struggle to explain it right, to find the words to assist her in understanding. Currently, he hadn’t even spoken the details of why he was so adamant about the Rite to Thistle and why he was so strict on not letting anyone but Thistle and himself near the den. Mostly, it was his ill guided desire to protect her from the cruelties of the culture she had married into, converted into. While Ragnar knew that Thistle understood that he was dangerous and this culture was “cruel and ruthless, savage” there was a part of Ragnar that considered she did not know the extent of it. Of course Ragnar did not share in the thoughts of his culture being cruel expect when he was attempting to consider it from another’s point of view, or unless they outright told him.

He inhaled deeply and let it out. “That means that if someone were to go into the den and kill them it would not be considered murder and I could not do anything.” Of course Ragnar had conveniently let that out when he had been vying for their life at the meeting but that was long in the past and Ragnar felt that it was safe to explain it now. “The Rite will acknowledge them as a part of my family, and the pack and it bestows the rights that come with that to them.” Meaning that after the Rites if someone was to kill them it would be considered murder and Ragnar would be able to seek revenge. “Currently warning everyone to stay away from the den is all I can do and hope that my warning and threat is severe enough.” The Viking offered Julooke a grim twitch of his mouth before he shrugged. It had been that way for many generations and Ragnar was too far rooted into his culture and religion to dare going against traditions.

Messages In This Thread