Barrow Fields At least that’s what I could read
Swathed in the finest wool
174 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Her grace was lost, limbs controlled by fear—but of what? She did not know. There was something lurking there, she was certain of it; she had no evidence, no scents or glimpses, but she knew. Whether or not there were any truly malicious intentions behind the presence mattered not, its being there alone enough to drive her out. How she wished she was her mother, or even her sister, with a dragon watching over—protecting—her directly. Then she would have felt safe and as if nothing could touch her, not even those otherworldly creatures. Yet, she had not been blessed with a greater half to mend with her soul, hers being the only one to inhabit her soma. Even with this knowledge, she still sent out silent pleas to Draco and any other dragon that might listen to her voice, begging for them to grant her a guardian spirit.

And in their own, mystifying way, they answered.

Kaori found herself sliding to a stop, the soft snow underfoot carrying her closer than planned. At first, she hadn’t noticed him, her senses focused only on that which wasn’t there and his pale coat making him one with their surroundings. But once he was positioned between her and the direction she was going, she had no choice but to pick out the ash from the snow and react; reining in her legs was no easy task, adrenaline driving them forward even after her brain instructed that they stop. It came as a great relief when she was able to control herself again, though her heart continued to pound rapidly against her ribs. Burly clouds surrounded her mouth as she panted, repeatedly glancing over her shoulders before finding her self-control and calming down, focusing on the living entity in front of her.

“I—What… fire?” she managed to ask, glancing around and once more drawing in a deep breath—there was no smoke in the air or soot on the ground, so what was this talk of a fire? “There—there isn’t a fire… I just—don’t you sense that?” She was beyond surprised by how calm he was being. Did his skin not crawl just the same as hers? If not for the lack of evidence, she would swear up and down that there was someone watching her, waiting to lunge from the shadows and attack; even without evidence, she still wasn’t entirely convinced that, that wouldn’t happen.
Messages In This Thread
At least that’s what I could read - by Kaori - December 29, 2017, 04:53 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Lycaon - December 29, 2017, 07:00 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Kaori - December 29, 2017, 07:37 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Lycaon - December 31, 2017, 02:45 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Kaori - January 01, 2018, 08:17 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Lycaon - January 06, 2018, 09:37 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Kaori - January 08, 2018, 01:02 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Lycaon - January 15, 2018, 03:46 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Kaori - January 24, 2018, 02:25 AM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Lycaon - February 04, 2018, 10:46 PM
RE: At least that’s what I could read - by Kaori - March 19, 2018, 02:07 AM