Wapun Meadow there's more to me then death / disaster
a crime so old
as the sky and bone
55 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

A numbness had begun to settle into Cyron’s muscles and seep into the marrow of his bones as he trudges through the deep and untrodden snow that blankets the Wapun Meadow. His destination is home; holding onto memories of warmth; of his mother and father, of his siblings. It’s what has kept him going for this long, during his captivity. He isn’t sure how he managed to escape — days and details had begun to blur together as he receded deeper and deeper into himself to staunch the damage being done to his psyche, his mind. The important thing was to focus upon the fact that he was alive, that he had escaped and that thus far he had not been pursued. Hopefully, they will think he is not worth the effort.

Cyron is rawboned and filthy, malnourished and hungry. The thought of food makes his stomach turn with nausea even as his mouth inevitably waters; but he tucks all the things away: the hunger and the cold to focus on his singular goal: return home. His steps falter as he reaches a strand of mighty cottonwood trees, their black bark stark against the blinding bone-white of the snow. He reaches the nearest tree and presses his weight against it before his legs tremble and he shivers violently as he collapses to the snow, consumed by exhaustion. He is so close and yet …it is so very far.
war ate a boy
and spat out a man
Messages In This Thread
there's more to me then death / disaster - by Cyron - December 29, 2017, 03:06 PM
RE: there's more to me the death / disaster - by Mawk - December 29, 2017, 03:37 PM
RE: there's more to me the death / disaster - by Illecebra - December 29, 2017, 03:52 PM
RE: there's more to me then death / disaster - by Cyron - December 30, 2017, 04:53 AM
RE: there's more to me then death / disaster - by Mawk - January 01, 2018, 07:54 AM
RE: there's more to me then death / disaster - by Cyron - January 04, 2018, 03:52 AM