Moonspear I saw the sign and it opened up my mind, and I am happy now living without you
813 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He shrugged when she asked if he liked being away.  He hadn't minded it, but he'd been glad to be back.  "I saw a lot," he said, thinking back on it. "It was good."  He was glad it happened, even if it hadn't all been great.

"Not too bad, but yeah."  He looked at it as well.  It hurt when he moved, and it definitely felt wrong, but it wasn't wrong in a dangerous way.  No infection or burning. Lyra had done him a favor, even if she seemed to regret it.

He didn't laugh, but he did stare at her as she told her story.  His da had done what now?! Dive bombed a sheep? He tried to picture the absurd situation, and he supposed it did fit Peregrine's brash nature.  He knew he couldn't show favor on it here, but it had been part of what he loved a lot about him, so he actually enjoyed the reminder.  It gave him a surprise pang to think on it.

"Sounds like him."  Gannet said, looking down somewhat subdued.  "But I think you're right."  He thought back on their visit to him, the way they'd threatened, tried to get information.  "They don't want me here.  But they don't want me gone."  It was an odd position to be in, an uncomfortable one.  He hated the feeling it gave him, but he understood it.  And if he wanted to live, he had to deal with it.  She was right though.  It would be the same in any pack if they thought what these ones thought.

"Who are the ones that look like you?" He asked, abruptly changing the subject.  He didn't really like dwelling on a thing he couldn't change, not when she hadn't been a part of it.
Gannet's face and body are open books; you are more than welcome to distinctly notice any emotion written in his posts.
(Most thread titles come from Into the Fire from the Scarlet Pimpernel)