Mount Everfall down in a hole, and I don't know if I can be saved
see my heart, i decorate it like a grave
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Nathaniel was undeniably charmed by the girl's telling of the tale. The excitement and wonder in her voice did not go unnoticed; it brought another smile to his face, drew him further into her words. The King Elk.
A formidable creature, he decided-- it brought him pleasure to know some of his kin recognized the beast as worthy of respect. He resisted the urge to chuckle at Mona's assertion that she would see it. It would not have been a mocking laugh, but the ex-soldier suspected it would be taken that way.

He didn't have much time to consider what he would say in response. The girl was wondering, now, if she might ask her own question. Nat studied her for a moment, trying to decide what to say. There were many questions he would not wish to answer, but it seemed unfair to say yes and then no, not that-- but he didn't want to say no, either, to the girl. After a few beats of silence, he made his decision.
Go ahead.
i've eaten the sun,
so my tongue has been burned of the taste

Mona is allowed in ALL of Nathaniel's threads, including private ones.
Messages In This Thread
RE: down in a hole, and I don't know if I can be saved - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 24, 2018, 02:55 PM