Oystercatcher Tide Pools Help, I lost myself again, but I remember you
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
Private 
@Dakarai let's do this cute thread!

Why wouldn't it go away? Shaking herself, the woman looked out over the tide pools. The warmth of the rising sun somehow elluded her as the cold breeze blew across her back. The question had plagued her for days, but the sky had not given her an answer, and the horizon taunted her with places that she could not see. Birds floated above her, unusually silent as well. Sniffing around, she wrinkled her nose at any food she found. She had eaten a few days ago, but even then she was not hungry. What was wrong with her? A face passed through her mind, but for what seemed like the millionth time, she shoved it away, the ache inside her radiating through her.

Sighing, she shook her head and started back towards home. Her lips turned into a bittersweet grimace as she thought about her brother and his family. She couldn't stay with them. Looking over the ocean, the sunrise brightened, the colors seeming to blend with the blue of the sky. The spectacular view was not fully lost on her as she stopped. Sitting back on her haunches to watch it, her head tilted as the question crossed her mind yet again. Why wouldn't the pain go away? Her ears flicked as she got lost in thought. Her other companions had left the same way he had. The ache from the loss of companionship had faded within hours, yet this time...Shaking her head, she pushed the image of his back leaving away. He had to, and she did, too. After he left, the drive to find her family had felt like it had multiplied, as if it were a force of it's own. Yet, after finding them, inside it still felt like there was something missing. She didn't know what it was. She should be completely happy, completely at peace. Then why wasn't she? 

Sitting there, looking over the ocean, she was silent as the wind blew through her fur.
I am a searcher. Always was. I still am...searching for the missing piece.
Messages In This Thread
Help, I lost myself again, but I remember you - by Onyx Saefyn - January 24, 2018, 08:31 AM