Neverwinter Forest Empty thoughts start to crowd my mind
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
All Welcome 
@Dakarai and anyone else who wants to join! :)
The dense canopy of braches that threw only bits of light on to the forest floor had her jumpy. Her nightmare had happened in a place like this, and the memories were fresh as they began through the thick woods. She thought this would help. Thought that facing part of her haunted past would make her stronger. They could have went around the whole thing, but she didn't want Dakarai to see her weakness or ask questions. He wouldn't, would he? 
A stray deer snapped a small twig, and she involuntarily jumped, pricking her ears forward towards the noise while her tail flicked nervously. As her eyes caught the deer, she took a deep breath and scoffed softly at herself. Was she actually this weak? Tossing a glance towards her companion, his presence calmed her, yet made doubts rise in her. Would he stay after he found out about...other things? What would happen if...he showed up? Her paws made no noise over the ground as images flashed through her mind, making her muscles tense.
Trying to relax, she focused on the beams of morning light breaking the darkness of the fading night. Soft life grew in the beams as if fighting for air in a poisoned lake. Blinking, she tried to shake the thoughts, drawing in a deep breath. She stopped in a beam of light, closing her eyes as she lifted her nose towards the warmth. A small unreadable expression crossed her face as she spoke softly. What is it about the light that always seems to draw happiness out? Is it because we yearn for brightness in our lives? The yearning for stability, for....home? Or is it just another anomaly that we don't know yet? What do you think, Dakarai?
Her eyes opened as she slowly turned towards him, a look of bittersweetness and yearning on her face. Ears turned towards him, it was as if she was truly curious, although the tone in her voice was almost like she didn't expect one. The silence of the forest had made her nervous, and this was her way of trying to break it as her eyes searched his.
I am a searcher. Always was. I still am...searching for the missing piece.
Messages In This Thread
Empty thoughts start to crowd my mind - by Onyx Saefyn - January 29, 2018, 04:12 PM
RE: Empty thoughts start to crowd my mind - by Dakarai - January 29, 2018, 05:14 PM
RE: Empty thoughts start to crowd my mind - by Onyx Saefyn - January 30, 2018, 09:34 PM
RE: Empty thoughts start to crowd my mind - by Dakarai - February 02, 2018, 07:19 AM
RE: Empty thoughts start to crowd my mind - by Onyx Saefyn - February 02, 2018, 08:53 AM
RE: Empty thoughts start to crowd my mind - by Dakarai - February 02, 2018, 09:39 AM
RE: Empty thoughts start to crowd my mind - by Onyx Saefyn - February 02, 2018, 10:24 AM
RE: Empty thoughts start to crowd my mind - by Dakarai - February 02, 2018, 10:58 AM
RE: Empty thoughts start to crowd my mind - by Onyx Saefyn - February 02, 2018, 11:29 AM
RE: Empty thoughts start to crowd my mind - by Dakarai - February 02, 2018, 07:09 PM
RE: Empty thoughts start to crowd my mind - by Onyx Saefyn - February 02, 2018, 08:27 PM
RE: Empty thoughts start to crowd my mind - by Dakarai - February 02, 2018, 08:39 PM