King Elk Forest all the deepest blues are black
see my heart, i decorate it like a grave
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Private 
@Burke
So sorry this is super late, I've been sick! Can we assume there was a behind the scenes introduction?
Every step felt heavy as he walked into camp; Nathaniel was exhausted. He had been doing good, maybe better-- but last night felt like another leap back. Sleep had not come for him, only racing thoughts.
When the sun rose to greet the world, the ex-soldier had lifted himself reluctantly to his feet and gone to hunt for his father. He had been planning on spending some time with the old man before he died, but for some reason had been putting it off. As if that would delay the inevitable. Truth be told, he wasn't ready for Burke to die-- less from sentiment, really, because while Nat was being honest he may as well admit he still wanted answers. Answers to questions he didn't even have the words for yet.
He entered his father's den carrying a fox for him; it was by no means a feast, but it was breakfast.
Hope you're not dead yet. The words, level and somewhat wry, were Nat's way of announcing his arrival as he ducked into the den, setting the fox down and looking up at his father.
i've eaten the sun,
so my tongue has been burned of the taste

Mona is allowed in ALL of Nathaniel's threads, including private ones.
Messages In This Thread
all the deepest blues are black - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 29, 2018, 06:06 PM
RE: all the deepest blues are black - by Burke - January 30, 2018, 10:44 AM
RE: all the deepest blues are black - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 31, 2018, 11:50 AM
RE: all the deepest blues are black - by Burke - February 02, 2018, 09:15 AM
RE: all the deepest blues are black - by Nathaniel Sr. - February 17, 2018, 03:56 AM
RE: all the deepest blues are black - by Burke - February 18, 2018, 04:00 PM
RE: all the deepest blues are black - by Nathaniel Sr. - March 10, 2018, 07:50 PM
RE: all the deepest blues are black - by Burke - March 11, 2018, 01:35 PM