Hideaway Strath look at the fire and think of me
see my heart, i decorate it like a grave
119 Posts
Ooc — Somniari
Even at the peak of his life, Nathaniel couldn't remember receiving such a fond greeting-- it caught him off guard, and for a flash he was uncomfortable. He did not move away, however; something like warmth spread under his fur at the lick to his cheek, something that reminded him of being much, much younger. Nat wasn't a fan of being reminded of his youth.
He smiled anyway, genuine and pleased that-- that she was pleased to see him. Later he would chide himself, disappointed that his life was in such a sad state that all one needed to do to earn his friendship was be eager to see him. For now, the ex-soldier found himself only thinking of the firebird who had just lifted his mood so effortlessly. That Mona kept calling him 'Mister Rochester' only gave him pause for a moment before he decided that, too, was endearing about her.

Yes, I've eaten. Nat lied easily, nudging the rabbit towards her. The idea of eating was revolting at best in his present state, and he thought the truth might prompt an argument from her. He sat next to the girl, waiting for her to eat what he had brought and then maybe drag him off into that valley, if he was unlucky. In response to her previous statement, he added: That's what I'm here for, firebird. Well, he liked to think so, anyway; Nathaniel couldn't be called the nurturing type, no, but he tried. Sometimes.
Impressive find. He gestured to the valley before them after a few beats of silence. And it was-- almost enough to make him forget how little he wanted to go there. The ex-soldier thought, with no small amount of sarcasm, that Mona was lucky she was so endearing.
i've eaten the sun,
so my tongue has been burned of the taste

Mona is allowed in ALL of Nathaniel's threads, including private ones.
Messages In This Thread
look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - January 30, 2018, 02:09 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 30, 2018, 03:11 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - January 30, 2018, 03:25 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 30, 2018, 04:01 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - January 30, 2018, 04:36 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 30, 2018, 07:14 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - January 30, 2018, 07:36 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 31, 2018, 12:35 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - January 31, 2018, 01:38 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - January 31, 2018, 04:13 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - January 31, 2018, 10:59 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - February 01, 2018, 12:06 AM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - February 01, 2018, 11:05 AM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - February 01, 2018, 12:33 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - February 02, 2018, 12:22 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Nathaniel Sr. - February 08, 2018, 04:00 PM
RE: look at the fire and think of me - by Mona - February 17, 2018, 02:12 AM