Horizon Ridge i'm high and flying
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
No. However much Raid wants to deny it, she knows with all heart and soul that this is Harley, not some lookalike, not her identical twin, not some random eccentric stranger. She would recognise the other girl's voice anywhere, and this, this is definitely it. So many questions, so many thoughts, contradicting emotions - Raiden feels like she's been plucked from the only normality, the only stability she's known since her amnesia (plucked from this goddamn dimension, goddamn it) and thrust violently into the jaws of this new universe where her greatest wish and worst nightmare mingled together into a new reality she's not ready to face - without her consent. Though, she thinks to herself grudgingly as she watches the figure draw closer and closer (too close, honestly, yet too far away as well) with each passing second, most of the events in my life have happened without my consent, so I don't know why I'm so surprised.

Raiden watches, somewhat amused as Harley trips and falls - its familiarity strikes her hard, almost like a shockwave consisting of a mixture of bitterness, pain and relief because this is the Harley she knows and loves and she's not really sure if she wants the other girl to be here or not. But god, she misses her and she hates (well, not really, just bitter) her and she just doesn't know. However, a sharp arrow of worry pierces through Raiden amidst the amusement, unbidden, at the girl's fall and she finds herself moving forward - almost as if she's not there and she's watching from afar, watching someone else navigating her body towards Harley.

"Are you alright?" the words slip out of Raiden's lip, lilting and smooth - not once cracking or stuttering, for which she is eternally grateful for. It sounds detached even to her own ears - like a stranger speaking to another stranger out of pure politeness. The chocolate wisp stops a foot or two away from Harley and gazes at the girl, expression utterly unreadable. Inside however, she feels as if she's in the centre of a tornado, in the middle of a goddamn ocean, utterly helpless as the waves drag her this way and that and throw her underneath the waters. Seeing her ex up close brings back more memories than the last several months in Teekon Wilds has given her. Raiden feels happy on a certain level, she supposes, though that's to be expected. There is, however, a large, bigger, underlying layer of bitterness churning deep within, waiting for an opportunity to burst forth and drown Harley in their depths, to make her feel the pain. Raiden pushes that thought aside, however, and instead silently regards the girl through cool amber eyes despite the other's body language insisting the closing of their distance. She tries to ignore the way Harl's idiotic grin makes her feel, tries to ignore everything.

She's done constantly running back to Harley regardless of what the other does. She's done being the one who gives, who chases, who does everything, the one who tries. This time, well, Raiden's not sure what she expects from Harley who's shown to prioritise everything above their relationship, if that even exists - she's not sure if the girl has changed or not (she doubts it, honestly) but - first, she'll see how this encounter turns out. Maybe, just maybe, Raiden will hear the other girl out. 
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

Messages In This Thread
i'm high and flying - by Raid - February 03, 2018, 04:46 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - February 05, 2018, 06:23 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - February 06, 2018, 05:15 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - February 10, 2018, 08:47 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - February 11, 2018, 04:57 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - March 02, 2018, 01:45 AM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - March 06, 2018, 02:05 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - March 16, 2018, 08:15 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - March 27, 2018, 05:47 AM