Horizon Ridge i'm high and flying
23 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
YO i seriously apologize for the wait

The fact that Raiden might not be so psyched to see her barely registered in Harley’s perception. Time and distance were the best of healers, and these both had allowed Harley to smooth of the memories of their brief affair until it was something still beautiful and not entirely recognizable. The fact that Raiden had up and left her — abandoned her there — would never not hurt, she supposed, but all events leading up to the event had been spun like cotton candy in her mind: puffed up, colorized, and made to be something it’s not. 

So, on a good day Harley might have recognized the myriad of expressions that crossed her girl’s face, but they hoyden’s eye for detail was none too sharp in the moment [and, of course, distance had made her memory a bit fuzzy]. Instead, as Raiden approached, her plume beat faster and fast against the ground in unabated joy until Harley could not longer stand it and she sprang up, movements lighted from some unknown power source, and rushed to close the final distance between them. From her vocal chord erupted a chorus of laughter.

“Dang, yeah, i’m good, man! I’m great!” She chanted quickly, words tripping over one another in their attempt to leave her mouth. In reality, Harley’s paw tweaked and smarted from her fall but she could literally not care less at that moment. With a hint of a limp coloring her gait, Harley stopped several feet away. She had enough sense to know that touch might be a barrier that she needed permission to breech, but that did not mean she didn’t long for the girl and pine away for the chance to embrace her once more. With Raiden’s scent so near, so beautiful, it was maddening; but still, she did not.  ”I— I can’t believe it’s you…” she breathed. ”How are you? Harley questioned earnestly, her gaze traveling the peaks and valleys of Raiden’s form in order to assess any… changes, good or bad. There was nothing to denote any harm had befallen Raiden, save for her cold demeanor — but that Harley chalked up to sheer surprise. 

they'll never know how I'd stared at the dark in that room 
with no thoughts, like a blood-sniffing shark 
Messages In This Thread
i'm high and flying - by Raid - February 03, 2018, 04:46 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - February 05, 2018, 06:23 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - February 06, 2018, 05:15 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - February 10, 2018, 08:47 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - February 11, 2018, 04:57 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - March 02, 2018, 01:45 AM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - March 06, 2018, 02:05 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - March 16, 2018, 08:15 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - March 27, 2018, 05:47 AM