Horizon Ridge i'm high and flying
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
it's okay! :)

Raid starts at Harley's sudden movements and instinctively stumbles backwards, trying to create some distance between them. It's not really because of Harley, specifically, but rather, a response honed over time alone. Getting close physically to strangers is dangerous, and though her ex girlfriend is hardly a stranger, Raiden can't help but feel a tad bit wary around the other girl. She did break her heart, after all and Raid does not forget these things easily (somewhat ironic, given her amnesia). The memory and the emotion accompanying the heartbreak comes rushing back at Harley's exuberant laughter, drawing a somewhat pained smile from the girl. 

That barely lasts, however, quickly fading into nothingness - an indifferent facade washing over her features as Harley speaks, stumbling over her words in her excitement. Has she forgotten what had happened the last time the two saw each other? Why is she so...happy? She's not nervous? What the hell is up with her? Ugh, typical. Raiden's ear twitches at her ex's words, keen amber eyes noting the way the other girl's eyes travels over her form. She says nothing on that matter, however, and instead cants her head, offering Harley a bland smile. "You're limping," Raiden notes quietly, healer eyes missing nothing. Even with the bitterness churning deep within her gut, she still cares deeply for the other girl - she knows Harley to be clumsy, knows her to play down the extent of her injuries. There is a flicker of concern in Raid's eyes as she regards the other girl, and swallows. 

Harley's effect on her hasn't, apparently, faded over time. Raiden curses the erratic pounding of her heart at the sight of her ex's earnest expression, curses the way her muscles stiffen, curses the butterflies (or are those snakes) fluttering in her gut. Well, the butterflies seem kind of leaden. They used to be bursting with energy. Even they had taken a blow when Harley...no. Raiden sighs and tries to push her thoughts aside. She feels lightheaded. "Let me see you," she says, trying to change the subject only to realise the words haven't exactly come out right. A heat crawls up her neck and threatens to colour her cheeks; she ducks her head, clears her throat. "I don't want you to fall into a hole or something, just because your limp turns out to be a terrible sprain or whatever." Her voice doesn't shake and the words slip out professionally - for that, she's glad. Honestly, Raiden isn't quite sure what she's feeling; she's a bit lost, confused regarding the tornado of emotions rushing through her at the sight of her first love. She wants to hug her, kiss her, embrace her, but at the sametime, she wants to spit in her face and scream at her, yell out all her pain, hurt, frustration. Wants to turn and leave, make Harley feel the pain she felt. It's a mess, honestly.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

Messages In This Thread
i'm high and flying - by Raid - February 03, 2018, 04:46 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - February 05, 2018, 06:23 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - February 06, 2018, 05:15 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - February 10, 2018, 08:47 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - February 11, 2018, 04:57 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - March 02, 2018, 01:45 AM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - March 06, 2018, 02:05 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Harley - March 16, 2018, 08:15 PM
RE: i'm high and flying - by Raid - March 27, 2018, 05:47 AM