Bearclaw Valley To the ends of the Earth
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
She felt Dak begin to relax and his answer soothed her a bit, although she knew it was probably difficult for him to bow in front of another, him being a lone wolf for as long as he had been. It definitely wasn't the easiest for her, especially with his voice. 
Noticing his reaction to the other wolfess, she almost cocked her eyebrow in curiosity, although her body still wanted to shake like a leaf in the wind. Although he looked nothing like...him...their voices were too similar to separate them easily in her pain addled brain. Why would he let the wolfess act like that since he was clearly the alpha? His voice, aimed at Dakarai at her side, made her shiver slightly. She tried to shake the images that came with the voice, but it wasn't easy. After the deer incident, her ability to push her memories back was almost non-existent. 
Taking a deep breath as he swung his head her way, she kept her submissive stance and waited for him to speak. Her muscles remained relaxed, but the feeling of worthlessness washed over her as his words fell on her ears. This isn't why they came here...right? She wasn't the reason Dak decided to be a part of a pack again...right? Glancing at him for a second, she continued to listen.
Seeing Dakarai open his mouth to protest, she almost closed her eyes,  hoping he wouldn't. She couldn't break in front of the other male. Not after everything. She wasn't weak...was she?  Hearing his breath, she let out her own quiet one, thanking whatever gods that he kept quiet. She already felt an argument between them happening, and she wasn't looking forward to that. As the male stopped speaking, the wolfess turned towards her.... companion?...and his tone confirmed her thoughts on the argument. They definitely were going to have one. She almost sighed, but held it back as she began talking, respect yet determination clear in her voice. We are not here as beggars, sir. Even with my injuries, I will show you I can still hunt. I will be back within the hour.
Bowing out respectfully, she shot Dakarai a look. Unreadable, yet everything at once...pain, fear, doubt, determination, and sadness. Gritting her teeth, she trotted off with only the slightest of limps. As she disappeared out of sight, she let her limp become more prominent and a look that had not crossed her face in a very long time crossed her face...a confused but irritated scowl as her thoughts flooded her mind.
Men. What was with them? While some wanted to protect you (a very few some), it felt like some treated her like she came for a handout. She huffed, anger suddenly flowing through her veins as her trot picked up. She would prove them both wrong. Not only would she prove that she was capable, she would prove she wasn't a lazy parasite. Catching whiff of deer, she slowed and followed their scent.

Her shoulder burning and her head almost spinning from pain, she limped back to them, a small deer within her jaws. Dakarai was right, and she knew she would never hear the end of it. Her shoulder was seeping blood again, and she took it slow as the horizon went dark for a few seconds before righting itself. She had worsened it, but she had done it. Pride was in her eyes as she dragged the small deer in front of the alpha. Taking her place beside Dakarai, she once again took a submissive stance. She held the pain back from her voice as she spoke softly. It is not much, but I hope it is satisfactory, sir. Taking a deep breath, she tried not to show the pain as the blood droplets fell onto the white snow.
I am a searcher. Always was. I still am...searching for the missing piece.
Messages In This Thread
To the ends of the Earth - by Dakarai - February 02, 2018, 08:26 AM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Onyx Saefyn - February 02, 2018, 10:58 AM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Xan - February 02, 2018, 11:35 PM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Reigi - February 03, 2018, 03:40 PM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Dakarai - February 03, 2018, 08:05 PM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Onyx Saefyn - February 04, 2018, 03:02 AM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Xan - February 04, 2018, 06:36 PM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Dakarai - February 05, 2018, 02:04 AM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Onyx Saefyn - February 06, 2018, 10:54 PM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Xan - February 11, 2018, 06:12 AM
RE: To the ends of the Earth - by Reigi - February 11, 2018, 12:00 PM