Bearclaw Valley Sleep with one eye open, clutching your pillow tight
112 Posts
Ooc — Marmoo
She heard him drawing in a breath, and she sat there uncertainly, not knowing what he was thinking or how she should react. Even the short time that her and him were together, he had conditioned her, molded her into thinking she was to react the way he wanted, the way she thought he wanted. The times she got it wrong...She trembled slightly, then he spoke, and she froze, not quite comprehending his words. It almost sounded like he would. But why? Why? For her? Blinking, she was silent as he padded over softly. As he lifted her head, his beautiful blue eyes met her emotion filled ones. Pain, doubt, fear, uncertainty, and an unreadable one, as if she didn't know what it was yet.
She closed her eyes for a brief moment as he nuzzled against her, a bittersweet feeling flowing through her. He pulled away, and a loss pricked at her. His question made her almost cry out in pain, fear and humiliation. Why him? Why did he care so much? Why wouldn't he leave? The thought of him leaving brought tears to her eyes, and she tried to blink them away. Then he said those three words. Not once but twice. Her heart stopped. Did he mean it? Searching his eyes with her chocolate brown ones, a tiny hope blossomed within her. Maybe.
She nuzzled him, wanting to say it back, but she shook her head, her voice almost pained, yet soft as she pulled away from him. A war was taking place inside of her, and it showed in her speech. Don't...don't...say that. You don't know what I did. You don't know...what I am. A quiet sob broke from her throat as she dropped her ears, her tail wrapped as tightly around herself as possible, as if trying to protect herself against the rejection she felt was sure to come. Letting the tears fall to the earth, she almost breathed the words, flinching as she did it, self loathing clear in her eyes, if he could only see them, as they were pointed towards the earth. I was...his...once. She seemed to curl into herself more as she sunk to the ground, afraid of his reaction.
I am a searcher. Always was. I still am...searching for the missing piece.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Sleep with one eye open, clutching your pillow tight - by Onyx Saefyn - February 15, 2018, 11:31 AM