Falls of the Hinterlands and i'm always tired, but never of you
blood canticle
393 Posts
Ooc — ebony
for each step taken gingerly, over a boundary-line both invisible and sewn with the simple apprehension of not knowing, mona was pleasantly surprised. at the end of this path was what she had set as her determination despite no thorough understanding of its nature.
of course she had been told; of course she had grown up watching casmir and rowan gently touch one another, communicate with the tongue of looks and glances and soft laughter, but until this particular moment in time, mona had not even been able to decipher a single meaning.
her heartbeat was singing a croon in her ears as the rochester took charge, a coup without resistance. his touch had changed, she sensed; gone was the almost chaste manner in which he’d made contact before. maybe he too sensed the fertile green glow mona imagined, ever fantastical even in such moments, the blurred emerald light thrumming just below her surface.
the mayfair felt nerves drumming along her spine, but steeled her resolve for a third and final excursion over the last of her falcon’s resistance — he was more of an eagle, wasn’t he? much bigger than a falcon. and more dangerous. 
mona huffed inwardly at her own inability to focus, returning to herself and the slow manner in which nathaniel was preening the sensitive region of her throat, and steadied herself on the roar of the waterfalls.
curiosity was not something the budding witch had ever been able to control; it was curiosity, ultimately, remembering snippets from a life gone by, hidden things that she was perhaps supposed to remember right now; curiosity which brought mona to rise and turn her hips in his direction. an experiment, one final push to force nathaniel into delivering that event on the horizon she couldn’t quite envision.
in spite of herself and the wild pounding of her heart, her resolve to be this new strange half-woman she’d discovered beneath her fur, mona glanced back along one sharp little shoulder and searched for the eyes of her eagle, wanting to see what he made of her, and suddenly burning with timidity over it.
[Image: footer3.png]
Messages In This Thread
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 02, 2018, 11:12 PM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 03, 2018, 12:23 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 03, 2018, 01:53 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 03, 2018, 03:32 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never with you - by Mona - March 03, 2018, 04:26 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never of you - by Mona - March 23, 2018, 11:56 AM
RE: and i'm always tired, but never of you - by Mona - April 15, 2018, 04:33 PM