Wapun Meadow can you still smile, into my daugher's eyes?
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai halted a respectable distance away; like she, he was feeling fragile being out alone and with a functioning leg less. Nikai'd gotten used to getting by on three legs recently, but things were different now that he was outside of Easthollow's safe confines. She seemed a bit withdrawn but Nikai did not mind, for it made him feel a bit safer. Her missing tail was noticed right away, though he thought it might be rude to ask about it; he couldn't imagine anyone wanted to talk about how they lost a tail. That wasn't something a bison or other animal of prey would do, so he sensed a dark story must be behind it or a punishment of sorts.

His story was a lot less tragic and so he did not mind elaborating when she asked for it. "Hunting accident," he disclosed with a sheepish smile. "Haven't been able to use it since. The wounds seem to have healed, but standing on it still hurts." Nikai was beginning to lose hope it might ever get better now. Quickly he changed the subject to a more comfortable one, his voice soft as he introduced himself. "I'm Nikai. From Easthollow, it's near here." He wasn't sure if she was from near here, so just in case he elaborated. Nikai thought of what he had asked of Valette. To travel, finally... Maybe soon he'd no longer be able to introduce himself as an Easthollow wolf if he decided to go.
Messages In This Thread
can you still smile, into my daugher's eyes? - by Indra - March 13, 2018, 11:48 PM
RE: can you still smile, into my daugher's eyes? - by Nikai - March 16, 2018, 05:26 AM