Sleepy Fox Hollow The Animal Antikythera
I AM WEASEL, HEAR ME ROAR
61 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Random Event 
Continuation of the final BWP thread found here, which is why it's marked "Random Event," though it's also All Welcome!  :)
For those who'd rather have a little more peace and quiet yet in their personal slice of BWPishness, Nynka's short attention span is going to give out before too terribly long, and you can feel free to play with the new toys she's found once the weasel has left, as well, as far as I'm (OOCly) concerned.  ;)  (Right at this moment Nynka is more likely to bite anyone wanting to touch her Precious, however... patience will win out.  XD )  My thought is that it's got mostly-unbroken solar panels that it's cabled to, as that would make sense for a crew working in remote areas, and also enable it to stay "alive" for a good while longer should anyone wish to keep messing with it.
Also: as far as I'm concerned you don't have to try to match my post length, especially since it might get a little out of hand at this hour...lol.

Victory soared through her heart on blazing fiery wings as she continued to yank her latest prize along, its glitteringly bright outer shell clanging and thunking at uneven intervals along the ground and starting to look the worse for wear. Before hauling it along another few feet Nynka paused to readjust her jaws on its more-convenient rubbery limb, which was starting to kink and droop and acquire some deep but neat-edged little tooth holes in its length. Surprisingly, these didn't bleed a single drop. Nynka wasn't sure what sort of animal this was—it smelled more like a mere thing, but she was hoping that was just a trick of concealment from its shiny strange outer shell—but she had found it, it belonged to her now, and she was insistent that it was going to reveal all its secrets to her, sooner rather than later. All those stupid wolves could keep that stupid half-burnt, maybe even already-dead two-legger beast. Nynka had her trophy right here, and boy wouldn't they be sorry if only they knew what they were missing. But for now they were totally out of sight, and the stink of old fox musk hereabouts had nearly overpowered their scents entirely, to boot.

It was really rather surprising that this small creature could manhandle such a bulky and surprisingly heavy device such as this, especially since it outsprawled her own slender body's expanse considerably and in several dimensions. But Nynka was a determined little beast, and its own inertial will to stay put was no match for her demands that it move it, move it now. ...Here, no there, right at the edge of this tiny clearing, that was a good and bulky tree root for it to rest itself against, one that would trip it up in case it peeked out of its shell and got any ideas about trying to flee. She set her brown-speckled forepaws and pointy nose against it and shoved it firmly one last time: STAY. She fixed it with a stern eye, just in case it was thinking about disobeying, and then began to give it a thorough inspection, sniffing intently and occasionally clattering a claw experimentally along its length. It was stubborn, this strange alien critter, and staying firmly holed up inside its shell. She shoved her nose at it repeatedly, mentally commanding it Tell me! Tell me what you are! as she worked her way down toward one of its more dirt-caked corners, right at the spot where her keen gaze saw the line of its sharp-cornered, gleaming shell was interrupted by a small stone that had gotten wedged and was just starting to peel back that otherwise seemingly impenetrable shield. Yes!

She snuffled madly, taking deep inhalations of its innards and then even going so far as to stick a claw fruitlessly inside it before sitting back and licking her lips in disappointment. Even sniffing under its shell there didn't seem to be much to this thing, nothing tasty or alive. Maybe she'd have to go find something better to hunt, in just a moment, if this thing didn't start cooperating better. She reached her paws out and shoved at it in frustration, tumbling its boxy form up and over the tree root, whereupon it spilled out a smaller, flatter box-thing from its side, which tumbled down to earth with a shrill and sudden BEEP BEEP BEEP BOOP. Nynka leapt back and stared at the thing, as her startled back arched up and away like a cat's. What the hell?! She'd never heard anything able to make a noise like that! Not the odd and echoing caves, not the tiniest frog with the loudest voice, not the weirdest bird nor the strangest insect—none of the weird noises of her world had ever been anything like. Where had the two-legs found this thing?!

It was resting there quietly now, the big thing and the little thing both, and so Nynka barely hesitated before bouncing back to examine it again, prepared this time for its weird and piping little voice to complain at her. The noisy one was tied to the larger thing by a long and thin snake of a tail still, she found as she turned it over once more—an umbilical cord! Ah-ha! Maybe this would get the big one to respond, and at least take a tiny peek from out of its impossible tough shell! Nynka darted her jaws down like a striking snake herself, and bit down hard on the little one. It had already grown part of its own impossible and gleaming shell, but obviously not enough of one as it squealed for its mother in its strange and tinny voice. BLEEP-EEP BLEEPITY BOOP BLAP-EEP!

Yet try as she might, biting down again and again upon the poor helpless creature, its mother remained as stonily impassive and unresponsive as ever. Nynka raised her head and gazed at it a long moment. Hm—maybe it was dead after all. Wait, no! She craned her head closer, her long neck contorting into an extended "S" as she peered more closely at the big one. There, on the side of its hard and shining shell, there was a small but insistent green light blinking up at her. Success! ... She hoped.
Messages In This Thread
The Animal Antikythera - by Nynka - March 22, 2018, 10:58 PM
RE: The Animal Antikythera - by Satet - March 23, 2018, 02:35 AM
RE: The Animal Antikythera - by Nynka - March 26, 2018, 12:45 AM