Wheeling Gull Isle A simple song
Crabs?! Giant crabs?! That definitely sounded like a creature from his worst nightmares, ranking right up there with ponies and Bambi.
110 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
<3 Oh, believe me I'm much worse atm anyhow, and managed to overlook this thread a couple of time when looking at my postlog *headdesk*. No worries! Hope your computer's behaving much better by now however, gyah  D: 

...Had that been...a smile he had seen going flickering across her face, for just an instant? Driftwood wasn't entirely certain he wasn't just imagining things, but his own eagerly lolling grin widened a hopeful fraction further itself. It's great to meet you too, Faeryn! he interjected eagerly before he could stop himself. He caught his tongue between his teeth for a moment, but a shiver of anticipation rippled across his fur as Faeryn let herself be intrigued instead of driven away by Drift's enthusiasm, and as the fitful breeze danced between them and tickled his nose with tantalizing hints of all sorts of scents. This evening just seemed too full of interesting possibilities to waste—and fortunately, Faeryn seemed eager or at least amenable to share such plans. Rude though it might have been he couldn't help but think it for one fervent and happy moment: oh yes, she was much better company than Komodo ever seemed capable of being, if you asked Driftwood.

And yet for all his eagerness he wasn't quite prepared for her question about what sort of game they might engage in, given all that. Ah, er, uh, he said. Impressive and articulate, yes. His feet danced about in seeming impatience at his own dithering. Really it didn't much matter to him what they played at, only that he found some sort of outlet for moving about and got to have some fun again for a change here. That is, I... I'm up for any sort of game! Chase, or, or hide 'n' sniff, or, or, I dunno, as the stammering grew a little worse yet, but at least he was using actual informative words now. Yeah, I dunno! Do you have any favorite games that you'd like to play? Duh, Driftwood: should have lead with that question, if only he'd thought of it. As it was he caught his tongue again and held it firmly in place, to keep it from running off in all sorts of babbling directions as it so extra-badly wished to do tonight—but he wanted to make sure Faeryn had a chance to respond, before he managed to lose the question in the sea of nonsense bubbling up in his brain and trying to escape out his mouth.
Messages In This Thread
A simple song - by Faeryn - April 13, 2018, 05:27 PM
RE: A simple song - by Driftwood - April 30, 2018, 10:58 PM
RE: A simple song - by Faeryn - May 31, 2018, 08:49 AM
RE: A simple song - by Driftwood - June 04, 2018, 07:13 PM
RE: A simple song - by Faeryn - November 09, 2018, 02:26 PM
RE: A simple song - by Driftwood - December 20, 2018, 03:18 AM