Ankyra Sound If I were mixed up with you, I'd be the talk of the town.
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Lycaon was the first on the scene and Nyx, thankful that the fiery Wylla hadn't gotten to her first, let herself sag noticeably as he made his way toward her. She lowered herself to her haunches, allowing her muscles to slacken and she finally felt that she could breathe again. The pallid Beta's approach hastened when he got a better look at her rather sorry state and, upon arrival at her side, he set about preening her matted fur and prodding at her wounds as though she might bleed to death at any moment.

"Hey!" Nyx hissed, wincing away when he pressed his tongue to a particularly tender scratch. Her yellow eyes narrowed in silent warning - be gentle! - and willed him to continue with more control, though she was quick to realise that her sharpness might be interpreted as a demand that he let her be. Softening then, the golden Ostrega tilted her raven-tipped lobes back in a quiet apology, and she breathed a soft whine to accompany it.

She considered admitting her suspicions of pregnancy then and there, suddenly guilted into the belief that she owed it to him to break the news as gently as possible in privacy as she watched him ramble on with words she barely registered. Before Nyx could even make sense of her muddied thoughts, however, Wylla stalked into her line of sight and her anxiety skyrocketed. The tiny Alpha strode right by them with a bark about some "coyote overlord" and Nyx' concentration promptly shifted from managing her rapid heartrate to trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

Puzzled, she made to exchange a glance with Lycaon, choosing to remain silent in her confusion.
Messages In This Thread
RE: If I were mixed up with you, I'd be the talk of the town. - by Nyx - April 14, 2018, 06:10 PM