Blacktail Deer Plateau PACKTIVITY β€” Scary monsters and nice sprites
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
If I'm out of order or someone wanted to post before, let me know! Just want to give people something to respond to this round. Dante's roots are in Roman culture so I tweaked some mythology to fit hehe

Dante let out a breath, steadying himself. He glanced at Peregrine, then looked around, suddenly aware of everyone's eyes on him. Well, nothing for it. He had decided to tell one of his favorites, not his absolute favorite but one that had a good lesson and was relatively short in the telling.

"Icarus, his brothers, and his father were out hunting deer. There was one deer, a large stag, his pelt shining with fire and antlers as wide as an oak's branches." He indicated the trees above. "He was king of his herd and wise with age for none had ever bested him. When the four hunters came upon the herd, Icarus' father spoke and told Icarus and his brothers that they could choose any of the deer on the outskirts of the herd, for they were weak and would not upset the balance to take." He paused.

"Icarus, however, was young and brash. He believed in the strength of his teeth and claws and this pride told him that the old, weak deer were no challenge to one as strong as he was. Thus, he told his father that instead he must take the king of the herd, for only such a noble beast was suited to his prowess. Though his father and brothers protested, Icarus was convinced that he could conquer the stag alone, so instead of hunting with his family, he set off to catch his prize without them."

"Faster and faster he ran, drawing closer and closer to the king. But as he leapt to deal the final blow, a flash of light erupted, and he was blinded. A voice filled his head, booming, for the deer was not the simple, magnificent stag he seemed." Dante took a deep breath and spoke the words in the booming voice that he expected a god would use. "'Who dares chase Virbius, chosen of Diana? Your folly has cost you dearly. You who were blinded by pride, now be blinded true.' When the light faded, Icarus found that his vision did not return, nor did it for the rest of his days. All his family went home hungry that day, and forever Icarus regretted the day that he let his own pride come before the needs of his family." Dante settled back, the telling done. He had gotten lost in it, hardly even taking note of his audience. He hoped he had done it justice.
aiming for Warrior, Guardian, and Advisor specializations
Messages In This Thread
RE: PACKTIVITY β€” Scary monsters and nice sprites - by Dante RIP - June 22, 2014, 08:40 PM