Dawnlark Plains possum pendulum
178 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
at grayday's refusal of the offered meal dauntless gave a lofty shrug of his shoulders in a 'suit yourself' manner — aware that his father probably couldn't see the gesture — and pulled it back in close. it was true that foxes had a peculiar odor that wasn't always the best but dauntless didn't particularly mind. food was food and they tasted well enough. it wasn't venison or moose or anything else delectable but it filled his stomach all the same and he'd never been a picky eater. he couldn't afford to be when his stomach was more or less a bottomless pit of a growing boy teenager.

dauntless set aside his meal for the moment, focusing instead of his father's words with a cup of his ears. grayday's words here were also indisputably true. he kept himself occupied and distanced from his parents while they tended to their youngest. dauntless didn't do it to be rude or because he had jealous sibling syndrome or anything. while it was true that he didn't exactly know how he felt about them yet there was no doubt in his mind that if anything or anyone tried to threaten them that he would be standing between it and his baby siblings.

"i just wanted to give you and mom space. i know they need a lot of attention and time ...plus i didn't want to impose or anything." dauntless offers his explanation as to his absence around the birthing den.
Messages In This Thread
possum pendulum - by Grayday Sr. - April 21, 2018, 12:06 PM
RE: possum pendulum - by Dauntless - April 21, 2018, 04:50 PM
RE: possum pendulum - by Grayday Sr. - April 22, 2018, 10:48 PM
RE: possum pendulum - by Dauntless - April 29, 2018, 07:43 AM
RE: possum pendulum - by Grayday Sr. - April 30, 2018, 12:04 PM
RE: possum pendulum - by Dauntless - May 06, 2018, 06:11 AM