Arrow Lake dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
He looked back at Cortland as the boy spoke, his gaze remaining clear and guileless. Mayfair was not a name known to him; even in his past life in these lands, Phocion was relatively sure he'd never come across a member of this family. Yet the weight Cortland gave to the name made it seem as if it was of some importance. . .or was it only the longing for family, that made it so?

"Ah," he responded softly, silently pondering this information. His eyes lifted once more to the stars, then fell, heavy, onto Cortland's golden face.

"My tribe says all answers can be found in the stars," Phocion murmured, then shook his head, smiling. "But what you seek--well, family is tangible; you search the land for that. Truth. . .that comes from within you."

He canted his head, then, giving the boy a questing stare. "I never knew my father," he admitted, the words echoing through the cold air. How long had it been since he'd mentioned his father? Seasons? Years? "Do you want to know about your family for their sake. . .or for yours?"
Messages In This Thread
dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot - by Phocion - April 22, 2018, 04:00 PM
RE: dropped in the middle of a forgotten spot - by Phocion - April 27, 2018, 01:34 AM