Swiftcurrent Creek its 3 in the morning and i'm feeling just fine
tonight's the night i die for our name
74 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Though he accepted his packmate's studious gaze with well-intended reservedness, Phoenix was intensely reminded of his father under this wolf's eye. He could practically feel the judgements being made, and he felt a trickling of unease because of it. "Heh, yeah I guess it makes sense to take your time with something like that," he replied, not at all trying to sound like he was taking the wolf's preference as a hint. Maybe it was foolish to consider everyone a friend until they proved otherwise, but he couldn't help the way he felt, not any more than Samothes could eradicate himself of the instinct to be guarded.

"I just don't see the bother in it. Either someone likes you or they don't -- and those feelings can change from moment to moment -- so I don't put much stock in the amount of time spent with someone before making up my mind. I guess, honestly, because my mind's never really made up about anyone. Like, you've been pretty offputting in my opinion, so far, but I won't hold that against you because I might find that I like you for something you do tomorrow or... something..." he trailed off, feeling that judgement again as he railed on about a topic he wasn't possibly old enough to be certain with.
Messages In This Thread
RE: its 3 in the morning and i'm feeling just fine - by Phoenix - July 12, 2018, 12:12 PM