Stone Circle when there's nowhere else to run
if your wings are broken, borrow mine so yours can open too
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
You get Clary's first attempt at recruitment... I am so sorry haha!

The stranger seemed friendly, and that was enough. Clary's hesitant smile grew broad and genuine, and at the stranger's words, she felt her heart pick up with the sting of excitement. A new recruit! She pricked her ears, so as to catch the other's every word, and tried to think of what her mother might do. But while she knew that a Ranger had to know the ins and outs of recruitment, Clary knew absolutely squat. What, was she supposed to look scary? But how could she, when her company was so pleasant! And looking scary would hardly recruit a bear. So, was she supposed to ask questions? Clary had no idea - but she knew she would be a Ranger, and this was the perfect time to learn. It was like the heavens had set this up for her!

Red's warmth was contagious, and Clary's hazel eyes brightened as the stranger wrapped up. She practically buzzed to speak, but she had held herself until she was sure the stranger was finished. She'd received enough reprimands about talking over others to know that that was one thing a Ranger should never do. So when the silence beat with a healthy pause, Clary took her turn to talk. "And it's so good to have a friendly face show up here, especially a new one, gosh, you're sooo pretty, I wish my fur looked like yours, instead of just grey, but I don't think there's any wolves who look like you in my family - we're all just grey and brown and black, oh, but my sister and mom are super pretty, too - my mom, oh right! She's our Alpha - her name's Valette. She's pregnant, though, so I guess that's probably why she's not coming as fast as she usually does, because she's usually super fast, but not now, because there are teeny tiny wolves that are growing inside her belly that are making her fat, but not really, but actually really, and oh and my name's Clary!" And when she finished, she sucked in a deep pull of air and grinned, wide and broad, while her tail swept the air behind her. It had taken the girl her all not to butt in and garble over Red's words before, but boy, had she resisted! And she knew her mother would be proud of her manners when she eventually found them here - just as she was sure her mother would have no problem taking Red in. "And this is Easthollow. And I'm sure we have room for you here!" 
Messages In This Thread
when there's nowhere else to run - by FiraCardinal - May 02, 2018, 12:19 PM
RE: when there's nowhere else to run - by Clary - May 02, 2018, 12:47 PM
RE: when there's nowhere else to run - by Clary - May 02, 2018, 09:56 PM
RE: when there's nowhere else to run - by Clary - May 05, 2018, 10:44 AM
RE: when there's nowhere else to run - by Clary - May 07, 2018, 10:25 PM
RE: when there's nowhere else to run - by Clary - May 12, 2018, 07:09 PM