Stone Circle when there's nowhere else to run
if your wings are broken, borrow mine so yours can open too
130 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
When Red doubly confirmed her commitment to Easthollow, Clary knew her acceptance was a shoe-in, and her mother seemed to think the same. To top it off, mom didn't even seem remotely interested in secretly lurking while Clary showed Red around. As if her spirits could soar any higher - and they did.

She wished to spring after her mother and offer her a kiss of thank-you, I love you, you're the best, and goodbye, the grey girl held herself and offered a sloppy dip of her own head in return, remembering, finally, what mom had said earlier when they'd talked about her pregnancy. This was the important stuff. This was what she had been waiting for, planning for, dreaming for, all her eight short months of her little life on planet earth.

And where did she even start"Stone Circle!" Well that was easy. She beamed at Red, and tried to give an air of something calmer, but her energy betrayed her in the whip of her tail, "I'll show you there first - it's the most important place to know - it's where we have our meetings, our hunting lessons, and where we bury everyone who's ever died." She grinned through every word, perhaps a bit too big for that last point there, but the prospect of having someone new react to seeing the stones for the first time eclipsed any sorrow that might have sprung if she'd let her thoughts linger to poor Keoni, or Murdock, or even Steady, who each lay cold beneath the ground. But Clary knew that those were only their empty bodies, and that their souls were somewhere better, and that thought had helped the Stone Circle feel somewhat happy again, and their passings, a lot less sad.
Messages In This Thread
when there's nowhere else to run - by FiraCardinal - May 02, 2018, 12:19 PM
RE: when there's nowhere else to run - by Clary - May 02, 2018, 12:47 PM
RE: when there's nowhere else to run - by Clary - May 02, 2018, 09:56 PM
RE: when there's nowhere else to run - by Clary - May 05, 2018, 10:44 AM
RE: when there's nowhere else to run - by Clary - May 07, 2018, 10:25 PM
RE: when there's nowhere else to run - by Clary - May 12, 2018, 07:09 PM