King Elk Forest Funny old world
14 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Might edit this more later when I'm more awake.  XP  Not sure I'm at all happy with it still, pfeh

Old and gone, as you can scent just as well as I, I'm sure, she said, only a little drily. ...As old and dead as that cache you so insistently had to poke. She flicked an overlarge ear dismissively. She paused to scratch a shoulder against a particularly large and rough-barked tree as she mused aloud. Strange of you to be so offended by mere innocent questions, you know. —Ah, that must be why you're traversing these lands all alone, and only after all your wolffriends have already gone. She offered up a toothy yellow grin. Leaves and squirrels and elk don't require polite answers or social graces at all, after all. Hah, I can empathize with that. Very little is as straightforwardly simple and good as the taste of prey's hot blood on the tongue. ...Pity the rest of life can't always be like that. She looked at him obliquely out of half-lidded eyes. Which brings us right back to the fact that you still haven't answered ol' gramma's question. Were you hoping your rudeness would rescue you?

Despite her rampant noisome speculation, Grimeye had some serious doubts this dog wolf was as much of a loner as he might at first seem. Prickly, yes, but the scent of other wolves was still rather strong upon him— and as fine of a young and healthy prime specimen as he was, she'd have expected him to show some signs of a recent fight too if he had indeed been forcibly kicked out anytime in the recent past. Though perhaps he got by just on intimidatingly flashing some muscle and teeth—it wasn't totally impossible, just unlikely, to her mind. But from the glimpses of scent she had caught upon him, she didn't think he'd been kicked out of or left behind by the pack that had lived here at least; none of the aromas between his person and the woodsy enviroment quite seemed to match up.
Messages In This Thread
Funny old world - by Quixote - May 05, 2018, 12:01 AM
RE: Funny old world - by Grimeye - May 07, 2018, 07:36 PM
RE: Funny old world - by Quixote - May 21, 2018, 04:07 AM
RE: Funny old world - by Grimeye - May 31, 2018, 10:11 PM
RE: Funny old world - by Quixote - June 01, 2018, 09:48 PM
RE: Funny old world - by Grimeye - July 12, 2018, 09:54 AM
RE: Funny old world - by Quixote - July 21, 2018, 12:08 AM