Coconut Grove standing so incredibly still, i become invisible to the eye
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

Although invigorated by the buzzing prospect of a like-minded friend in Raven, Hemlock nonetheless had to sleep and recharge just as ever along her journey. She wasn't sure where she was going, but she'd sheltered herself by bedding down in a grove of the odd trees. It wasn't the sequoias that she still stared at from time to time, nor the strong proud forest she'd come to know in the strath. Idly a foot twitched in her sleep and disrupted bits of sand, it had warmed during the day beneath the sun and now had provided her a gentle sort of warmth now. It was near snuffed out however, a cold sweeping like a fog across the little grove and causing her to release an unknown and unexpected whine. 

Lotte

Just as before the voice of her wife roused the flamekissed healer in an instant and her doeful green eyes blinked open to look at her beloved. Words began and then ended, gaping not unlike the first Droman had gotten so good at catching. "It was warm," Hemlock offered simply, shifting up to stand and then shake out her coat before she rushed into Lotte's plush embrace. "You are warmer." A simple 'this would be my preference' went unspoken as she reached up to give a teasing tug to Lotte's bearlike ear. "You only say that because you have to." Hemlock said with a breathy laugh. She knew she wasn't a sight that was pleasing - she was still malnourished even as she recovered on the island, run ragged by the six youth's and the unexpected journey they'd set on once Arturo was gone. 

"The last time I had set out along this path I had sought herbs for you - and now, another. One of the ones who took me and the children in will whelp in the coming weeks." Hemlock explained. "Although I may try and bring some honey back for her, too, if our Eirlys taught me anything." She said with a breath of a laugh. There was something in her that this time did not stop to question her circumstances. If she was going to fall into the depths of depravity and finally embrace the insanity that had licked at her heels at least she'd be lead by a beautiful wolf. How could she ask for better company than Lotte on that journey? 

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
Messages In This Thread
RE: standing so incredibly still, i become invisible to the eye - by Hemlock - May 11, 2018, 05:30 PM