Wheeling Gull Isle heart made of glass, my mind of stone
Crabs?! Giant crabs?! That definitely sounded like a creature from his worst nightmares, ranking right up there with ponies and Bambi.
110 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Wasn't certain if or when you might want to continue this, but I'm tossing an open-ended reply up here just in case.  ;)  <3

The girl froze in uncertainty, and Driftwood's heart turned over in his chest. He knew that look; he'd felt that way himself before, many a time. He tempered his eager reaching out, his golden eyes softening to the mellow consistency of honey as his paw retreated from her nose and he summoned up a reassuring smile for the female, though he had to fight back a laugh at the sandy besmirching of her face. (Whoops; he hadn't meant to redecorate... Some females were very touchy about their appearance, he'd noticed, and for a brief moment this worried him, in turn.) But she was already in motion, having hesitated only an instant; Driftwood was caught by surprise in turn, having misjudged just how quickly this girl's feelings would shift. She gave him a hefty swat which he jerked back from far too late. He startled and then split his face open wide in an ear-to-ear grim that left his tongue lolling goofily from his mouth. So that's how it was gonna be, huh? He happily gave another short, sharp bark as he spun to try and catch up, following her curve around his other side.

The female was more agile and graceful than he, but Driftwood didn't really care if he actually managed to get her again with the next hasty swipe of his paw. Either way, he was having fun. He bounced back out of range for a moment, ducked down into a play bow, and then suddenly pirouetted in place and galloped away across the sand. It took him a minute to to remember to turn around and make sure that she'd actually understood the invitation and taken him up on the chase.
Messages In This Thread
heart made of glass, my mind of stone - by Reigi - May 10, 2018, 11:20 PM
RE: heart made of glass, my mind of stone - by Reigi - May 14, 2018, 04:44 PM
RE: heart made of glass, my mind of stone - by Reigi - May 19, 2018, 03:10 PM
RE: heart made of glass, my mind of stone - by Reigi - June 07, 2018, 05:53 PM
RE: heart made of glass, my mind of stone - by Driftwood - June 25, 2018, 07:11 PM