Otter Creek i could dig myself out of the loneliest graves for you
167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
it was so hot. Tahani found herself submerged in water most of the time, as it was most effective to bathe in a stream to cool herself down; even the shade offered little respite. she waded ankle-deep in the shallows of one such stream when she saw Shivali on the other side, a short distance downriver, and paddled over to meet her, stepping out and giving herself a delicate shake.

there were woods nearby, dark and foreboding. she didn't really like the look of them, but Shivali seemed quite comfortable here. with a cant of her head toward the trees, Tahani asked, "is this your home, sister?"

she couldn't imagine any of them living within trees. the tundra had been their domain, vast and open and bitterly cold. their white pelts blended with the snow; here, they were stark against the greens and browns. it made her feel as if she did not belong. did Shivali truly feel as if she belonged here?

she wanted to go home. stupid Tomkin. she felt a momentary flash of something like malice toward her brother, and felt guilty about it almost immediately. still, irritation prickled at her, and it surely showed in her eyes as she looked back toward Shivali.
Common · Inuttut
Messages In This Thread
RE: i could dig myself out of the loneliest graves for you - by Tahani - May 14, 2018, 01:33 PM