Neverwinter Forest Breathless
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
She didn't think of her words as particularly weird, per se, until he looked at her oddly. Was that creepy? she wondered to herself. She inwardly cringed a little, her confidence taking a hit. She could feel old insecurities beating at the door of her mind, yet she pressed up against it and held it closed. Koontz drew in a steadying breath and told herself that maybe they were just a pair of awkward turtles. They would just have to power through it, break the ice.

Gallant as she tried to be, she suddenly felt at a loss and abruptly blurted, "Sorry, it's just that I'm trying to become an Alpha and possibly a Windwalker, so I have to work on my interpersonal diplomacy skills." Her lips pinched shut as she realized how hoity-toity that all sounded. Plus, parts of it likely didn't make a lick of sense to the poor stranger.

Her insecurities broke down the door, invading her head space and making her feel bashful and ill at ease. Trying to save face, she said, "Let me start over. I'm Koontz, the Beta of Dragonwatchers. Who are you?" She threw him an apologetic smile and then let her gaze drop to her pewter forepaws.
Messages In This Thread
Breathless - by Koontz - August 10, 2013, 08:55 PM
RE: Lost and found - by Kerberos - August 12, 2013, 09:15 AM
RE: Breathless - by Koontz - August 12, 2013, 09:23 AM
RE: Breathless - by Kerberos - August 12, 2013, 10:31 AM
RE: Breathless - by Koontz - August 12, 2013, 10:44 AM
RE: Breathless - by Kerberos - August 13, 2013, 08:41 AM
RE: Breathless - by Koontz - August 13, 2013, 10:43 AM
RE: Breathless - by Kerberos - August 14, 2013, 08:37 AM
RE: Breathless - by Koontz - August 14, 2013, 01:48 PM
RE: Breathless - by Kerberos - August 21, 2013, 01:01 PM
RE: Breathless - by Koontz - August 22, 2013, 09:23 AM