Redhawk Caldera I will be waiting for you on the other side of the frozen pines
241 Posts
Ooc —
I'm okay fading here, or with your next post, unless you want to keep going! We could also get a joining thread up at Moonspear, if that'd be a better route from this (:

She found her face warm with a smile, and her tail swished the ground in a quiet thanks. Muse was much easier for her to remember - but hearing the boy speak her true name now - she simply knew, with great certainty, that Andalusia would always be who she was.

Andalusia tipped her head, thoughtful upon the tall and distant mountain. Hydra, too, had offered her a place among them, an offer she'd waived at the time. But that had been many long weeks ago, when her hopes had still run high. She had found many things since then, trails and memories that led her here - but this was where each one of them ended. Perhaps she would remember the dark man she sought. His name felt close to the tip of her tongue, and she was sure she would remember him. But what then? What would a name do, if this pack was gone? Maybe they had moved - but where? And what if they were simply that - gone?

She had energy left to travel, but every day, her weariness gripped longer, and the hunger gnawed deeper. Her wounds still ached, and truly, she couldn't remember the last time she'd eaten anything but scavenged carcasses left over by some predator who'd already had their fill. She had energy left - but how much, and how long until she found herself a fly-strewn carcass to be scavenged and fed on herself?

Andalusia was no quitter; she needed to keep going - but she knew and understood her limits, too. And she had already well surpassed hers. There was family to be seen on this mountain, and help offered twice. She reckoned no other pack would take in a battered old hound like herself - and there was at least some hope here. "Thank you." She dipped her head to the boy and eased to her feet, and a soft smile sketched across her face - bittersweet at the thought of the trail she put down, but thankful for the rest she could almost taste. "I think that would be good."
Trades
[Image: outrider.gif] 0/5