Blackbeak Bluff You can run from the pain, or you can allow it to burn into your heart
167 Posts
Ooc — mercury
she touched her nose to his cheek, shaking her head. "it is hard for wounds to heal when you're on the move. and we have been, for a while now. but i will do my best." she turned to walk away, trusting that he would follow. her nose was low, eyes searching intently for the brilliant orange gold that distinguished marigolds among the green and gray.

it took a little while, but eventually she found a sizable clump, tucked near a rock. with a small cry of delight, Tahani set upon it, gently tearing the flowers and stems from the earth. it was a wonder, to have so much greenery. only in the longest days of summer did the tundra offer anything of use, and it paled in comparison to this.

she chewed up the marigold, casting a friendly look at Siarut as she did so. she stuck out her tongue, showing him the paste, then ran her tongue along his shoulder, coating the wounds in the salve. it wasn't perfect--she'd like some cobwebs to keep it all together--but it would do for now. she'd seen the makings of infection; the marigold would hopefully ward it off.

"stay still for a while," Tahani ordered softly, sitting down in the long grass and motioning for him to do the same. "let's have a rest. the marigold needs time to do its work."

i have no idea if this is how it's done, i'm just punting here
Common · Inuttut