Broken Boulder and he will drag the whole universe into war
LIVΞ BY MY OWN LΛW
75 Posts
Ooc — Tori
!

vilkas is surprised that his words, brazen but the truth as he sees it, do not cause her to turn from him; even more surprised that she actually agrees with him. to some, the utterance of the word usurp might be enough to be considered mutiny or could be mistaken for intention. it was risky especially when no one had particularly asked him for his tactical input and given how ...unique and lax the sanctuary's views of 'trespassing' is. vilkas is attentive as lily informs him that both alarian and lanawyn know how to fight 'okay' and that there was a woman whom was a claimed fighter ( as lily didn't sound like she knew for sure ) but that she was pregnant. Warrior or not she wasn't much use to the pack pregnant and vilkas immediately doubts he would find her on the borders now or after the birth ...unless she didn't value the life of her cubs, of course. he doesn't doubt she would be out of commission for a while and the world didn't stop turning just because a guardian was tending to the life she created.

"maybe its's different here," vilkas begins frowning. "but where i'm from power struggles between packs and leaders and aspiring warlords was pretty constant." meaning: he was cut from a very different cloth. silently he worries about how well he'll be able to integrate himself into pack life in the sanctuary. he has to try. for the sake of his pride and because he does like spending time with lily and it would be much easier when they lived in the same pack. he'd work on it, he tells himself. it would be challenging to perform warrior duties when there isn't an actual need to patrol with the open border policy but he'd manage. somehow.

"i'm a good teacher." he promises in a timbre like honeyed whiskey; mellifluous with confidence and raspy in a subtle allure. her enthusiasm is encouraging and the firebrand is pleased for both unselfish and extremely selfish reasons. she peers at him over a svelte shoulder and vilkas grins easily at her as he follows, ears cupping forth to pick up her words. paradise garden and butterflies and if he's seen them before. "yeah, i've seen them before." he assures her but the truth was he's never paid them ...or any other sort of insect really, any sort of mind.
he has the holy fire of the gods within him,
that leaves his body gaunt, his blood burning,
and his eyes intoxicating.
Messages In This Thread
RE: and he will drag the whole universe into war - by Vilkas - June 05, 2018, 04:08 AM