Nocturne Summit the spine can't decide between the earth and the sky
deep in your bones, in your bones, in your bones
33 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
His new companion slows to a stop and turns only halfway, looking back at him in consideration. He hadn’t expected an invitation but if she’d been willing to lead him in that direction, perhaps he shouldn’t have been surprised. He knows nothing of the woman that stands in front of him. Not even a name and he has earned enough trust to offer a stranger a home where there are young. It would be easy to take the offer, for what luck does he have to find someone so willing to give him shelter so easily?

But is that what he wants? He left home to explore the world around him and settling on the first pack he encounters defeats the purpose of preparation. There is comfort within the woman and a curiosity to know more but it is a curiosity he will still have within the confines of a new home. Atlantis licks his lips and he glances through her, toward the mountain in the distance. Perhaps, if he is lucky, the invitation does not die here.

“I am a capable man,” he offers with a swish of his tail. While thin, he still holds the glory of his prime and a pack would round everything out. “But I left home to scout, to learn about the world, and Moonspear is the first to stumble on. What fairness is that to either of us? I would wander from your borders if I were to come now.” Honest words tend to sting, despite how much he’d prefer to find a home, he knows his soul is out there somewhere, waiting to be found.  “If it is what you desire, I will wear your title and return to you with what I learn. But I worry I cannot promise now what I could promise in the future,” he muses in consideration, too afraid to pass up the opportunity but able to keep going if it is not what she seeks. He would wear the title proudly—a wolf of this Moonspear—during his travels.
bone, blood, villain
starving, starving
2/3 threads
Messages In This Thread
RE: the spine can't decide between the earth and the sky - by Atlantis - June 21, 2018, 09:16 PM