Deepwood Weald I'll unwrap my fingers, free my foot and run away
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
the sky was a flat grey, which did not help in the slightest as the svartell tried to untangle herself from the deep weald she found herself somewhere in the middle of. or perhaps she was near the edge; it was hard to tell when every branch, tree and glimpse of sky looked entirely the same. thunder rumbled, and not a few moments later, the first tap of rain hitting the canopy sounded in the eerily silent wood. 

it rained heavily now, light levels having dropped until everything seemed to be painted grey, save for the curled leaves and needles above. she sloshed through a much damper area of the weald, earth painting her hocks. tail flicked behind her for balance as she peered upward, wondering if perhaps that cloud could be used as some sort of marker. it was then that her balance was abruptly upset, mostly due to the fact that only three of her paws remained on solid(ish) ground. 

abruptly, she pitched forward, limbs shooting out as she tried to find something solid. she found it in a moment, when her forelimbs hit rock and earth, the unlucky left forelimb striking the former and eliciting a yelp from the woman. hind limbs hit the earth a moment, and her momentum had her chin hit the dirt decided ungracefully. this was certainly a new landmark, though it'd hardly be of any use now.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Messages In This Thread
I'll unwrap my fingers, free my foot and run away - by Cassiopeia - June 09, 2018, 04:14 PM