Bitterroot Valley You got some shit to say and I'm hear to listen
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik closed his eyes and let out a contented sigh as Liri cleaned his fur. Any tension left in his large body melted away at her touch. She was the sole being with the power to calm him with touch alone. It might have scared him at one point, but he'd accepted his deep feelings for Liri a while ago, no longer questioning the intensity.  

They were both quiet for long moment, the only sounds were of the storm still raging outside. He felt her gaze on him and at her words, he turned to her with loving smile. "I'm so happy you did," he said, briefly touching his muzzle to hers before meeting her dark gaze again. 

With her next comment, Kavik froze. He knew it would be hard for her to talk about it, and even though he didn't know the details of that part of her past, he somehow knew that hearing them would make him angrier then he had ever been in his life. Someone didn't act that way in response to intimacy unless there was something dark and violent in their past. 

Her tone and the way her shoulders fell killed him. He pressed his head to her cheek in comfort before quietly saying, "Only if you're ready to tell me." and he meant it. He wanted to know everything about her, but only if she felt comfortable telling him.

With their closeness, it was easy to hear the quickening of her heart rate. "Shhh," he whispered soothingly as he rubbed his cheek back and forth against hers. "I'm here no matter what." He wasn't sure why her heart beat so nervously, but he wanted so badly to quiet her distress and this was the only way he knew how.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread