Bearclaw Valley in spite of all the wherewithal
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
WHOS A BAD MOM, IM A BAD MOM - @Merrick i guess you can come out now; all are welcome & tags for reference

the days leading up to merrick's birth passed fleetly; indra's stomach swelled to its zenith, then it sagged and dropped. her mood grew more reclusive, to the point where even @Tadec, @Laurel and the children were turned away with sharp snarls. taking it upon herself to nest in the den that the two redleafs had originally hollowed out upon inception to bearclaw, indra atrophied.

there was little she could do except suffer; the lives that grew under her breasts did so without her consent. their invasion of her body, their total occupancy and their constant stirrings in her belly, settled without her consent. nor did the redleaf consent to the wild pangs of seizing pain they inflicted endlessly, to the point where in the final hours of her labor indra was ready to fling herself off a cliff and rid herself once and for all of her desperate and agonizing existence. the arrival of new lives came through sharp as a knife and was not the happy moment indra expected, but there was no soul to witness it.

hours later after the struggles and small cries in the den had ceased, indra had not roused nor risen. her eyes, hollow and filled with pain, looked dully at the singular child that stirred atop a bed of dead and eerily still siblings.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
in spite of all the wherewithal - by Indra - June 24, 2018, 02:16 PM
RE: in spite of all the wherewithal - by Merrick - June 24, 2018, 02:48 PM
RE: in spite of all the wherewithal - by Laurel - July 04, 2018, 02:20 AM
RE: in spite of all the wherewithal - by Nunataq - July 05, 2018, 06:18 AM
RE: in spite of all the wherewithal - by Indra - July 27, 2018, 03:13 PM