Dragoncrest Cliffs soldier, take your time
280 Posts
Ooc — e
Rogue
Away

Easily he follows the path the boy makes, giving him space to plow ahead -- a little independence seems warranted at this point. His question makes him smile, making his voice soft as he corrects, "no -- it is a lake." The space here is open enough for Étoille to keep an eye on him without trailing close behind, and so he settles, leaning back on his haunches to idly observe the boy's movements.

Ephraim's story contains more details of his history, which the Steltrona has not pried in to. He is secretly pleased the boy feels comfortable enough to share this now, and even more pleased by the assessment -- and slightly guilty. Had he not done that, too, found a "new kid" to replace Furi? (Such things he keeps to himself -- Ephraim has no need of such emotional energy). Instead he says, "bon," smiling down at him. "I am glad you like it here," he says, choosing not to comment on Ephraim's parents. After a moment, though, he thinks to say, "I left my maman when I was young, and my brother too. I was not so young as you, yet." He rolls one large shoulder in a shrug. He has not seen his mother in many years, nor his brother, nor his father he never knew anyway -- perhaps in this way he and Ephraim are alike, except he was not taken in by a kindly stranger and it was his decision to leave. So not very similar at all. And yet.

And so their walk together passed in this gentle way, Étoille speaking with Ephraim of their histories and of Ephraim's thoughts, until it grew late and the boy is lead back to rest.
Messages In This Thread
soldier, take your time - by Étoille - June 28, 2018, 10:37 AM
RE: soldier, take your time - by Ephraim - July 17, 2018, 02:09 PM
RE: soldier, take your time - by Étoille - July 17, 2018, 07:20 PM
RE: soldier, take your time - by Ephraim - July 28, 2018, 11:05 AM
RE: soldier, take your time - by Étoille - July 29, 2018, 02:49 PM
RE: soldier, take your time - by Ephraim - July 29, 2018, 02:57 PM
RE: soldier, take your time - by Étoille - July 30, 2018, 10:26 AM
RE: soldier, take your time - by Ephraim - August 01, 2018, 01:49 PM
RE: soldier, take your time - by Étoille - August 05, 2018, 10:08 PM
RE: soldier, take your time - by Ephraim - August 10, 2018, 10:25 AM
RE: soldier, take your time - by Étoille - August 14, 2018, 08:28 PM