Sequoia Coast because i had to
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Stavanger Bay claiming thread! @Nerian Also, Ragnar performed a Rite on the children in private behind the scenes so they can be seen (since the timelines are a little funky with this and I'd rather wait to start having pack activities until we're settled in the new place :p)

<style type="text/css"> r1 {color:#5e6d7c; font-size: 10px;} .r1box {background-color: #0b0c14; width: 500px; margin: auto; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/TdbsUHq.png'); background-repeat: no-repeat; border: 1px solid #4b4e55; outline: 10px solid #1f2633;} .r1text {margin: auto; width: 350px; color:#313d4a; text-indent: 15px; font-family: georgia; line-height: 15px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 420px; margin-bottom: 30px;}</style>

Rest was not a luxury Ragnar had taken it upon himself to enjoy lately after he decided that the Ridge wolves would relocate to the Bay he and Julooke had first discovered. There was a lot of work to be done in the Bay lands while making sure he did not slack on the duties he had as Alpha and sole leader. He had performed an emergency Rite on the children so that they could be seen when the pack officially made it’s move to the new territory because Ragnar did not find the idea of invoking the wrath of his Gods all that appealing. Technically, they could be seen as of now and he planned to hold the official ceremony so they could properly be fussed over once everything was settled in Stavanger. Until then they would have to make do with the Rite they had received. He spent his time divided between Stavanger Bay, urinating out the borders — a monumental task that was clearly too big for him alone — and between performing his duties in Horizon Ridge. While he was absent from the Ridge he left it in Thistle’s charge as the Gamma and highest ranking wolf under him.

The trek itself to and fro wasn’t dangerous; but if Pump’s death was evidence of anything it was that Fate struck when you least expected it and though Ragnar held Odinn good on his promise that he would live to be a ripe, ancient age he knew that the All-Father’s favor could be removed if he did something to displease him.

His goal for creating scent markers to ward away any loners that might find their way into the Bay through the open and stretching lands to the south was perhaps unlikely but he wanted to finish the stretch he had began mid-day. The sun had began it’s descent into the horizon and Ragnar was tired …his sleep restless and very un-useful given that he was plagued by nightmares from the stresses that weighed heavily upon him with the pack still residing in the Ridge. Too close to the murderous bear that was prowling their lands and too close to the Isle wolves who had, no doubt, heard his mournful declaration the other day. Though Ragnar knew the Ridge wolves were strong and that he would never let wolves take them over while he still drew breath into his body he also knew that in their mourning they were vulnerable and he expected advantage to be taken of it because it was what he would have done.

He inhaled deeply and lifted his leg to continue on with his border marking, lingering in the shadows of the trees cast far in by the descent of the sun.

Messages In This Thread
because i had to - by Ragnar - June 19, 2014, 07:11 PM
RE: because i had to - by Nerian - June 23, 2014, 08:44 PM
RE: because i had to - by Ragnar - June 24, 2014, 06:56 AM
RE: because i had to - by Nerian - June 24, 2014, 01:22 PM
RE: because i had to - by Ragnar - June 24, 2014, 02:27 PM
RE: because i had to - by Nerian - June 24, 2014, 07:22 PM
RE: because i had to - by Ragnar - June 24, 2014, 07:49 PM
RE: because i had to - by Nerian - June 24, 2014, 09:14 PM
RE: because i had to - by Ragnar - June 25, 2014, 07:21 AM
RE: because i had to - by Nerian - June 25, 2014, 07:05 PM
RE: because i had to - by Ragnar - June 25, 2014, 08:01 PM