Blackfeather Woods how do i tell love from the taste of blood on my tongue?
98 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Tahani or @Relmyna, roughly a little more than two weeks after birth? :)

There is not much yet to her world. She eats and sleeps. Sleeps and eats. She’s bathed every so often but overall, little attention is paid to her. The young child can’t get far on legs that she barely has control of but each day offers a little more stability, sight a little clearer, and hearing just a little sharper. The young child knows nothing different than the open world around her, instead of a den to keep her protected and warm, and does not expect it to be any different day in and day out. She keeps close to the one that keeps her and keeps her warm but she’s left discarded most of the time, as if no one quite knows what to do with her.

Of course, young Currituck does not know any better. As long as she’s fed and warm most of the time, she doesn’t complain too much, but most of her cries are met with deaf ears and she’s left ignored.

Today, she finds an illuminated piece of ground. Her belly is swollen from feeding and she’s left in discomfort. Her mother hasn’t taken to cleaning her or making sure she’s evacuated properly, so as she squirms away, she offers a quiet cry for help that goes wholly ignored by Ocracoke.
Inuttut · Common
Messages In This Thread
how do i tell love from the taste of blood on my tongue? - by Currituck - July 01, 2018, 07:48 AM