Silverlight Terrace Then when I'm thirsty, I drink their blood.
Health (5/5)
17 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She did as he instructed, picking up the tree bark and chewing it into mush before swallowing it. It...did not taste good. At all. Lip curling in disgust, she said, Okay, wait here, and I'll be back with food for you. She didn't wait for his answer before heading off to look for something substantial to hunt. 

It took her a good half hour to track down a herd of deer, but it turned out to be a good thing, because that's about how long it took the bark to ease the pain from her infected wound. She had been cursing the wolf and his lies just as the pain began to ease. Soon after, she had caught the scent of the herd and made to follow the trail.

When she spotted the deer in the distance, she slowed her pace and began to slowly slink through the tall grass, stalking closer and closer to her prey. She stopped every now and then when one of the deer raised its head and looked around as if it could feel it was being watched but continuing her slow advance once it returned to grazing. The key to being successful at this was all in the timing. The deer were fast, so she would need to get close enough to be able to close the distance between them easily without being noticed. It was a tricky dance that required a lot of practice and came with a lot of failure. Luckily, Chaira had been on her own for a long time and rarely fucked up anymore. 

It took her a while to get close enough to the herd, but she managed it without being noticed. She stayed crouched in the grass for a while, her hunter's gaze tracking every movement, round ears occasionally flicking towards some noise in the distance. The deer were completely unaware that there was a hunter so close thanks to the direction of the wind and her patient stalking. When she had picked out one of the smaller females, she silently rose from the grass and took off towards the herd, her powerful strides closing the distance with ease as the herd frantically ran in the opposite direction. She weaved between fleeing bodies as she closed in on her target. Once close enough behind the doe, Cahira reached out with one her claws, tripping the deer and making her fall the ground. She leaped onto the creature and swiftly sank her large fangs into its neck, holding her there until the creature drew her last breath. The rest of the herd had dispersed by that point, leaving Cahira alone in the grass panting heavily over her catch.

When she had cooled off a little and was breathing a little more evenly, she stood and began her trek back to the wolf. She had all but forgotten her wound during the hunt, her adrenaline a very effective pain killer on top of the tree bark she had eaten. But once she started dragging the deer carcass across the field, the pain slowly made its way back to her leg. As uncomfortable as it was, she put it out of her mind as she continued to drag the deer back to where she left Atlantis; she just wanted to get this done.

Finally, she reached her destination and dropped the deer a few yards from the wolf, unable to drag it anymore. She watched as Atlantis ate his fill and when he was done, he offered her the cure for her infection.

With a nod and a, Thanks, she turned and made her way towards the mountains in the distance, hoping to find a safe harbor stay low while she healed. 

I hope the slight PP is okay. <3
When fighting wolves, Cahira has a strength advantage, and +1 will be added to all of her attack rolls.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Then when I'm thirsty, I drink their blood. - by Cahira - August 23, 2018, 12:20 PM