Alpine Lake I'm feeling far away, I'm feeling right there.
340 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
All Welcome 
Tag for reference, anyone is welcome.  :)

Nyx, despite knowing that she could never be whole again, had recognised the pull to wander that hinted at her old self. She'd been loathe to grant herself permission to heal, to return to even a semblance of who she'd been before the tragedy that befell her litter, but had woke to a new day with one thought: fuck this shit.

She hated what she'd become. A shell of who she'd been, void of the sarcasm and sharp wit that had defined her character. The strength had been seeped from her bones and while Nyx struggled to find the energy to go on, @Dirge had somehow managed to keep her afloat. There were times when she hated him for holding her up, purely because she knew she did not deserve his support after the unforgiveable crime she'd confessed to him.

The Ostrega in her blood, the unedniable wanderlust, was gradually drawing her from shell that she'd become. She took to following her brother at times when he ventured from their rendezvous point, though this day was diffirent. Nyx parted from her litter-mate, trailing West beneath the heat of the mid-morning sun, in search of someplace new to better lift her spirit.

Her travels drew her toward the mountains, a longing deep in her heart for the cool of their snow-capped peaks. They reminded her of her mother - of home - and sometimes sparked a desire within her to return to Winterheart for a time. Kasatka's embrace would soothe the rawness of her emotional turmoil, she knew, but the stubborness in Nyx remained just enough to keep her from admitting defeat. Summer's heat made her seek water and, when she caught the scent of fresh water, the tawny huntress quickened her stride until she came upon a lake's edge. Without hesitation, she lowered her crown upon reaching the shore to lap at its crisp surface and quench her thirst.
Messages In This Thread
I'm feeling far away, I'm feeling right there. - by Nyx - July 08, 2018, 04:57 PM
RE: I'm feeling far away, I'm feeling right there. - by Fire - September 07, 2018, 06:59 PM