Duck Lake Before I can live with folks, I have to live with myself.
146 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Aqakuktuq ! Forward dated a bit after her thread with Embry, rolled for odd = success
Angakkuq finds the body of water after leaving the male in the past, a bit bloodied and roughened from the typical small injuries involved in a fight but nevertheless moving towards the lake. Perhaps she'd be impressed by the size if she had not grown up half a day's travel from the sea, Uki mused as she washed her wounds in its dark waters. 

The tundrian wanders its edge for a moment, her coat rusty with both blood and dirt. A glance to the sky reveals Siqiqniq has moved significantly since she encountered the stranger, she sighs again in longing to be at the glacier as she gets to her feet. 

Tupilaq has the idea of returning to nanuk and the rest of them but her silver eye is caught by the shape of a footprint in the mud at the banks of the lake. She leans close, eyeing it with intent. It looks rather like a duck's imprint but much too large to be a duck. 

Tapeesa follows it, disappearing into the lake with nary a backwards glance. The dark waters swallow her pale body up to her chin, blotting her out as she glides out into the deeper waters with strong strokes. The arctic that flows in her veins speaks of naturally being a strong swimmer; she makes short work of the search. The goose, as she finds it out to be, is not so far out from shore and with most of her hidden in the silent waters, Uki plunges into the deep waters. 

She swims beneath the goose, not unlike the great seal beasts in the north, snatching a leg and plunging the honking creature into the waters to silence. When she comes back, her lungs burn for the relief of fresh air. Tupilaq swims back to shore, collapsing in the mud and dropping the goose at her side. 

She catches her breath slowly, casting a glance to the slain bird. It'll feed @Shivali (visibility) and the hungry pups at her side, undoubtedly. Her stomach rolls with hunger, demanding she attend to the sharp curve of her spine and the scalloped ribs that become more prominent with each passing day. With a snarl born of self discipline, she snatches up the thing - treating it a little more roughly than needed - to take home.
"And you're tired of not being strong."