Wheeling Gull Isle exit music (for a film)
I'M A FLASH IN A CLASS OF MY OWN
110 Posts
Ooc — remus
taking some lil liberties to keep the pace, lmk if yall want anything changed <3

oh just what she needs, her wayward patient's presence upping the anxiety. she does not spare him a glance, attention focused instead on the way maegi trembles under her, scanning for -- no broken bones, nothing lodged in her throat, and so -- when @Hemlock arrives her diagnosis is what reed was already guessing. "she needs yarrow," mama says, her well-trained gaze quicker than reed's to assess the situation. reed doesn't need to be told twice; she absconds under the blanket of rain, ignoring the fat drops that pelt her as she makes her way to her cache.

her sprint turns to a gallop with a mouthful of tiny white blooms, the leaves curling at the edges. her nerves are frayed -- what if she is wrong? what if, god forbid, mama is wrong? it's one thing when it's a strange boy half-dead given like a gift, another entirely when it's her friend maegi (her only friend, if we're being honest!) the short journey back to the scene feels like an eternity and then it is all at once not, fragmented moments pieced together by thunder's beat as she and mama work to chew the yarrow into something more manageable, force it down maegi's throat with as much dignity as allowed by the needed frenetic work. they roll her back onto her side, reed pressed close, mama's voice ("i'll grab what else we might need--") distant as she peers anxiously at her friend, a paw tucked against her belly as if she might squeeze out whatever toxins have taken old on the scarred girl.
READ THE FUTURE IN MY PALMS THEN WASHED MY HANDS
Messages In This Thread
exit music (for a film) - by Maegi - July 25, 2018, 06:02 PM
RE: exit music (for a film) - by Reed Wolf - July 25, 2018, 06:23 PM
RE: exit music (for a film) - by Titmouse (Ghost) - July 25, 2018, 06:47 PM
RE: exit music (for a film) - by Maegi - July 25, 2018, 08:45 PM
RE: exit music (for a film) - by Reed Wolf - July 26, 2018, 10:40 AM
RE: exit music (for a film) - by Titmouse (Ghost) - July 26, 2018, 04:52 PM
RE: exit music (for a film) - by Maegi - July 27, 2018, 10:59 PM
RE: exit music (for a film) - by Reed Wolf - July 29, 2018, 12:53 PM
RE: exit music (for a film) - by Titmouse (Ghost) - July 30, 2018, 08:20 PM